OBAMA MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLEPosted: March 28, 2011
US News: President Obama Cannot Protect Democracy by Destroying It.
Congress should immediately launch a truly bipartisan investigation into the administration’s role in the Afghanistan war abuses. If the Constitution and laws of the United States were broken, Congress should censure the president. And if the lies, the deceit and lawbreaking continue, Congress should take even more drastic action. Either we are a nation of laws and moral values or we are not. We cannot pick and choose which laws to abide by and which to ignore for the sake of…
This is the way atrocities are dealt with in Mr. Obama’s world of war. The higher-ups responsible for training, supervising and disciplining the troops – in other words, the big shots who presided over a system that ran shamefully amok – escape virtually unscathed.
In his arrogance, President Obama did not go to Congress or to the courts for permission (although he claims that he did tell select members of Congress what he was doing — as if that is enough). He sees himself above the law. As commander in chief, he believes he is not bound by the Constitution and…
Obama has continued many of the same programs started by Bush, all the while running up trillions in debt for domestic spending repaying the unions and special interest that got him elected. In a fair world the 24 hour news cycle would be filled with the following headlines:
- Obama lied about the reasons to go to war.
- Obama holding thousands of prisoners without charges, without legal representation and for an indefinite period of time.
- Obama is running secret prisons.
- Obama ignores the Geneva Convention.
- Obama treats detainees inhumanely. Allows troops to kill civilians.
- Obama uses the Patriot Act to pry into library records and lord knows what else.
- Obama illegally spying on TEA party activists.
- Obama tramples on the rights of citizens.
But then, we all know life isn’t fair. Not when you can buy one party with trillions in debt.